Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Honduras 4: Man, I thought I was not going to sweat today!

On Sunday July 17th, we had morning worship at the mission house instead of at the church planted in Los Pinos because the rains and mud slides had made it impossible for the buses to get there, which is unbelievable since the drivers seemed to be able to get the buses into an ant's nest on top of Mt. Hood without hitting a single ant. The plan for the day was worship-> pack boxes --> Valley of Angles --> Dinner at a nice place --> Devo at the oldest Catholic church building in the West, but most of all.......NO profuse sweating.
After worship, the VBS crew got busy practicing their skits before they went to the Valley Of Angles to shop, and everyone else went on ahead to VOA (Judy thats for you), EXCEPT Judy, Margaret, Brett, Ken, Terry, Steve, Brian and I ( if I forgot someone I'm sorry). We went to the Bodega to load cloths and medical boxes for our trip to Chulateca the next day. We quickly changed out of our Sunday's best and headed to Wendy's to eat lunch on our way to the Bodega. We got got disiel in the truck, or so we thought, but quickly found out the station attendent put gas in the truck. While loading the bus, Terry, Ken and Brian with the awesome help of Ruben and the Bodega guys syphened the gas out of the truck and replaced it with disiel from another truck. While the gas exchange was going on, the rest of us had a assembly line running from in the bodega to the bus. Let me mention that it was extremely humid and hot this day. I am not sure who (Brett) told me to get in the bus to pack the boxes, but I proceeded to sweat half of my body weight packing the boxes with alot of love and care. (everyone else was sweating too) On the way back to the mission house in the bus my packing job totally failed with all the boxes falling into the bus floor. We unpacked the bus and the VBS crew loaded on the bus and they took out to the VOA. We changed back into our Sunday best, after taking a wet nap bath, and waited for the truck to be fixed so we could join everyone at the VOA for an hour of speed shopping.

Oh My gosh, I almost forgot...before we left to go to the bodega Margaret, Ken, Brett and Judy and I went to the look out to take pictures but came out with a short film about Survival and Letting Go...starring Ken and myself. Look for the link later.

I am going to the YMCA, but I'll be back to finish this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home